Newly Qualified Teacher (31720NQSTCHUB)
Location: Greater London
£130 - 170 per day + additional support & training
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Sector: EducationJump to application form
We are working closely with a special needs school based in Ealing who are looking to appoint a SEN Teacher to lead a small class of autistic learners in Key Stage 1. This position is open to Newly Qualified Teachers who are confident teaching children with SEN/EHCPs.
The teaching position will be in the school's autism department which provides tailored learning and therapy programmes for children across the spectrum. Successful teachers will need to be flexible with supporting across classes and with PPA due to the increased needs within the school.
The school is in Greenford and is highly praised for their in-house training for teachers (newly qualified teacher support) and the specialist support they provide to schools and organisations across Ealing through good practice. This teacher role is full-time starting in September 2020 and will be for two terms minimally with potential for permanent opportunities.
Some pupils in class will be non-verbal, have limited speech and learning below national level (P scales). Having confidence adapting the national curriculum for children with special needs (EHCP statement) will be vital.
Join a successful special needs school in Greenford, Ealing as a new member of their staff team using your skills to help pupils with autism be the best version of themselves!
The ideal candidate will be:
- A qualified teacher with UK recognised qualifications (QTS/PGCE/EYTS)
- Experience teaching in UK schools (references will be requested)
- Experienced teaching and adapting the curriculum for children with special needs
- Experienced with autism, severe learning difficulties, sensory and speech and/or language needs
- Available full-time in Ealing for a September 2020 start
- Sensory and visual resources such as PECS, TEACCH, Makaton experience is highly beneficial
- De-escalation training such as Team Teach or Positive Behaviour Support is highly beneficial
To apply send your updated CV today. Teachers interested in this position in Greenford, Ealing must be able to provide documentation and references required to teach vulnerable children.
Apply for this position
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Elephant & Castle (opens in new window)
- London Bridge (opens in new window)
- London Waterloo (opens in new window)
- London Waterloo East (opens in new window)
- South Bermondsey (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop L, East Street Flint Street, FLINT STREET
- Stop B, East Street Flint Street, THURLOW STREET
- D, East Street Thurlow Street, EAST STREET
- J, East Street Thurlow Street, EAST STREET
- C, Balfour Street, RODNEY ROAD
- English Martyrs Roman Catholic Primary School
- Robert Browning Primary School
- Surrey Square Primary School
- Townsend Primary School
- Michael Faraday School