MSI / Intervenor Learning Support Assistant
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
£9 - £15 per hour + CPD Training - TEAM TEACH
Recruiter: Prospero Group
Sector: EducationJump to application form
About the Job
We are currently recruiting for two positions that could be part-time or full-time - a dedicated qualified tutor and Specialist Learning Support Assistant.
The role is based in Huddersfield and the contract could be for the next 2 to 3 years.
We are looking for candidates with intervenor training for our team, potentially term time.
This is to work with a vulnerable young adult that is deaf & blind who has a support team around him 24 hours a day. We are supporting the family in providing additional education based support.
- Intervenor training is preferred
- Experience with MSI (Multi-Sensory Impairments)
- BSL etc
- Location - Huddersield
- Position - Sprecialist Learning Support Assistant or Tutor
- Type of work - Supporting young people with Multi-Sensory Impairments
- Start date - ASAP
- Likely Duration - On Going
- Position end date - On Going
- Contract type - Temp-to-Perm
- Full-time - 40 Hours Per Week
- The rate of pay - negotiable
- Hours - Various shift patterns (to include weekends)
Experience, Training and Qualifications:
- Experience in a support work/care environment
- Up-to-date mandatory training - Food Hygiene, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Infection Prevention, Equality and Diversity, Autism training (all can be completed free with us)
- Safeguarding training is imperative; you can undertake a free course with us if you have not completed a Safeguarding course in the last 12 months.
- Health and Social Care Level 2 or 3 (desirable but not essential)
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Career progression opportunities
- Employee assistance service (confidential, professional wellbeing and counselling 24/7 service)
- Support for QCF level 3 qualification (if not already gained)
- Fully supported 6-month probationary period - You will receive a mentor and line manager to help you get the best start to your career
To be eligible for any support work with us, you must:
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
- Possess an enhanced DBS certificate registered with an online update service or be willing to process a new application.
- Provide two professional care related references.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an employment business/social care recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with us in order to fill this vacancy.
We are able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and other mandatory training
- In-house Training and Development Team
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Prospero Group15 Worship Street, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Huddersfield (opens in new window)
- Lockwood (opens in new window)
- Berry Brow (opens in new window)
- Deighton (opens in new window)
- Honley (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- stop M2, Market Street, Market Street
- stop M1, Market Street, Market Street
- stop H1, High Street, High Street
- stop H2, High Street, High Street
- stop M3, Market Street, Market Street
- Kirklees College
- Spring Grove Junior Infant and Nursery School
- Rathbone Choices
- Greenhead College
- New Directions College