Mental Health Support Worker (MHSWGWI21)
£65 - 70 per day
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Sector: EducationJump to application form
Are you a Psychology/Counselling Graduate?
Are you ready for a new challenge supporting the mental wellbeing of children with SEN?
Teaching Personnel are recruiting for a Mental Health Support Worker for a school in the Wigan area. Children have found it difficult settling back into school after the disruption caused by lockdowns and require support integrating themselves back into their curriculum. We are offering the successful candidate the chance to make a real difference in the lives of young children with SEN. This would be working with children aged 5-11 years at a specialised SEN school, primarily with SEMH and BESD.
The position is temporary but with the opportunity to become permanent if the school decides you would be a good fit.
Pay starts at a minimum of £10 per hour, with typical working hours being between 8:30am - 3:30pm.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Intervening when pupils' mental health requires attention
- Reporting back on behaviour to promote best practice
- 1:1 work ensuring pupils stay on track with the curriculum
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A keen interest in children's mental health
- A calm and resilient personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What Teaching Personnel can offer:
- 24 years industry experience informing the process of you applying for positions to being placed in a role that's right for you
- A personal consultant if you decide to register with us who will guide you through the process, ensuring all the relevant documents are in place.
- Heavily discounted CPD programs, our own safeguarding training and an online diary to help you manage your workload
All of our candidates are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks before being placed at a school.
If you believe you fit this criteria, please get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 0161 242 1793.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and
training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply for this position
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts