Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
£16 - £19 per hour
Recruiter: Prospero Group
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
We are working with a small, supportive alternative education centre for learners aged 11 to 16-years-old. The school are an Ofsted rated 'Good' school and provide short-term placements for young people in the Basingstoke area who need additional behavioural, emotional or medical support.
You will be a passionate teacher to engage students in mathematics; not just to pass an exam, but to be able to express their emotions in a therapeutic and positive way.
The students often require support to build trusting relationships with professionals and you will have high expectations and a belief that they can succeed. You will be someone who can think outside the box with creative lessons for onsite and offsite students, as well as bring a unique element to the team.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring that the teaching area is organised appropriately to provide a safe, tidy, pleasant and stimulating environment.
- Planning and delivering an appropriate curriculum based on individual needs having due regard to pupil entitlement.
- Teaching a range of subjects at different levels across the key stages.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with families/carers.
- Location - Farnborough
- Position - Teacher of Mathematics
- Contract or position start date - September
- Duration/Likely duration - Temp to Perm
- Contract type - Temp to Perm
- Full time/Part time - Full time
- Minimum rate of pay - £650 per week (negotiable on experience)
- Hours - 8.30am - 16.00pm
Experience, Training and Qualification
- Qualified Teacher Status (DfE Number)
- Subject specialism: Mathematics
- Calming mannerisms in challenging situations.
- Strong behaviour management skills while creating a fun learning environment.
- Driven to motivate the pupil and increase his participation.
- The ability to grow individual personal development.
- Be caring, patient and have good communication skills.
- Experience supporting an individual with Additional Needs
- Willing to complete Safeguarding online training.
- Complete a face-to-face registration with our Southampton office.
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Hold right to work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
- Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Prospero Group15 Worship Street, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Farnborough (Main) (opens in new window)
- Farnborough North (opens in new window)
- Frimley (opens in new window)
- North Camp (opens in new window)
- Ash Vale (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- stop N, Clockhouse, Victoria Road
- stop G, Victoria Road, Victoria Road
- stop H, Victoria Road, Victoria Road
- stop F, Kingsmead North, Kingsmead
- stop M, Ham and Blackbird, Farnborough Road
- St Peter's Church of England Aided Junior School
- St Patrick's Catholic Primary School
- Farnborough Hill
- St Bernadette's Catholic Primary School
- Farnborough College of Technology