Life Skills/Well-being Tutor (rd/ss/lstch/feb/apr)
£100 - 150 per day
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Sector: EducationJump to application form
Are you a Fully Qualified Teacher with QTS or NQT? Do you have experience teaching life skills and wellbeing support to pupils.
Are you looking to gain experience teaching within an SEN Primary School with a class of only around 4-8 pupils?
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an SEN Teacher for Life Skills to support a school catering for pupils with social, emotional and mental health needs with other additional needs including; Autism, ADHD, ODD and Dyslexia/Dyspraxia. The School are seeking a hard working, empathetic, resilient and confident Teacher to lead a team of Teaching Assistants in providing excellent education whilst managing behaviour and promoting positive life choices.
As a SEN Teacher for Life Skills you will be responsible for termly topics across your class of 4-8 students and also 1:1 intervention. With a number of resources on hand and a very supportive Senior Leadership Team, you will be sure to fit in! Life Skills Teachers will support working in collaborations with the Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Therapy to ensure they are getting a consistent approach from all professionals.
Role and Responsibilities:
- SEN Teacher for Life Skills
- Supporting SEN students with SEMH and ASC needs
- Leading a team of at least 2 TA's
- Acting as a positive role model
- Adhere to their behavioural policy and all other policy's and procedures
- Commit to safeguarding and attend all training
- Starting late Spring term
- Development and improvement of Teaching resources within the department
- Willingness to participate in the school's extra-curricular programme
- Could earn from £100-£160 per day (Dependant on pay scales, experience, qualifications and the position advertised)
- Have QTS or have other relevant teaching qualifications to this advertisement
- Residing in the UK or have a UK address you are moving to in the near future to comply with the DBS requirements
- Must have or be willing and able to apply for a fully enhanced DBS certificate on the update service
If you believe you can be a valuable SEN Teacher for Life Skills within this SEN school please do not hesitate to contact me or click on apply now. Alternatively please call to discuss other teaching opportunities in Surrey and Berkshire.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and
training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply for this position
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts