Learning Support Assistant
£10.00 - 10.70 per hour
Recruiter: Vision for Education
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to join our successful support team and work to support a bespoke package of education in place for young people (Key Stage 4 – Key Stage 5) who are accessing a Specialist Creative College in Bolton. This is a part time role being four days per week.
The desired Learning Support Assistant will be required to provide pastoral and in class support, as part of a bespoke curriculum as the Specialist Creative College specialises in Art, Design and Craft.
As a Learning Support Assistant your responsibility will be to work either with smalls groups or 1:1 with students who may demonstrate challenging behaviour. Therefore, having strong behaviour management skills is desired to facilitate a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour.
The Specialist Creative College in Salford has an alternative approach to education and supports addition/high needs routes to wellbeing and engagement. Mindfulness to be respectful, responsible, safe and kind, are at the core of the college's values. The successful Learning Support Assistant will be joining a team of teachers, SENCOs and Wellbeing Specialists to work together to support the needs of the young people.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for the Learning Support Assistant position are:
- Have relevant experience at a minimum of 6 weeks
- Be able to travel to the Salford area
- Be patient, engaging, inspiring, creative, consistent, and calm when under pressure.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of working with young people attributed EHCP's for a Special Educational Needs, with references as evidence,
- Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people.
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What we offer
As a Learning Support Assistant and valued employee, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Learning Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Vision for EducationSt Paul's Place, Norfolk Street, Sheffield , South Yorkshire
Nearby train stations
- Salford Crescent (opens in new window)
- Salford Central (opens in new window)
- Manchester Victoria (opens in new window)
- Deansgate (opens in new window)
- Manchester United FC Halt (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop H, Salford Shopping Centre/Hankinson Way, HANKINSON WAY
- Stop D, Salford Shopping Centre/Hankinson Way, HANKINSON WAY
- STOP E, Salford Shopping Centre/Rossall Way, ROSSALL WAY
- Stop U, Broad St/Pendleton Church, BROAD STREET
- nr Bank, Salford Shopping Centre/Hankinson Way, HANKINSON WAY
- Holy Family VA RC Primary School
- Lark Hill Community Primary School
- St George's CofE Primary School
- The Albion Academy
- St Paul's CofE Primary School