Learning Support Assistant - PMLD experience
£70 - 85 per day
Recruiter: Smart Teachers
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
Learning Support Assistant – PMLD experience
Location: London Borough of Barnet
Salary: £70 - £85
Start date: October 2021- ASAP!
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are previous experience working in the chosen field.
Are you an experienced Learning Support Assistant with an abundance of passion?
We are recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant in Barnet with previous experience of working with students with PMLD and MLD. The school is inclusive and supportive of all students, with each class team having one teacher and up to five Learning Support Assistants. The school also boasts a comprehensive therapeutic team – ensuring that all students are cared for in all capacities.
Previous experience of working with students who have PMLD or willingness to learn about it is a necessity!
Please ensure that you can commit to a long-term position before applying.
The successful Learning Support Assistant will be able to …
- Support students in their studies in classrooms – ready to play an active role in any capacity!
- Mentor students who have not taken up mainstream study by ensuring the well-being and safeguarding of the class.
- Build rapport with the students and make a meaningful change with students, by inspiring students to maintain motivation for their studies
- DBS on the Update System
- Willingness to work with students who have PMLD
- Previous experience working in schools.
- Creativity and passion are an absolute MUST!
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What we offer
As a valued employee, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are enthusiastic, passionate and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Smart TeachersSalisbury House, 29 Finsbury Circus, London, Greater London
Nearby train stations
- New Barnet (opens in new window)
- Hadley Wood (opens in new window)
- Oakleigh Park (opens in new window)
- Potters Bar (opens in new window)
- Mill Hill Broadway (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop M, Fitzjohn Avenue (EN5), BARNET HIGH STREET
- ---, Willow Drive, MANOR ROAD
- Stop N, High Barnet Station Meadway, BARNET HIGH STREET
- ---, Willow Drive, MANOR ROAD
- L, Barnet Church, BARNET HIGH STREET
- Queen Elizabeth's Girls' School
- Barnet and Southgate College
- Susi Earnshaw Theatre School
- St Catherine's RC School
- Underhill Junior School