Learning Support Assistant/LSA
£70 - 80 per day
Recruiter: Smart Teachers
Learning Support Assistant/LSA
£70-80 per day PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are to have recent experience working in a UK school or supporting young people.
Contract dates: September 2021 – August 2022
We are seeking to recruit Learning Support Assistants/LSA's to join an inspiring Special Needs School in West London. The successful Learning Support Assistants/LSA's will work as general LSA's, supporting secondary age pupils with speech and language needs. Successful candidates will work closely with the class teacher and other LSA's to create a safe and engaging learning environment for the pupils. They must have the ability to follow instructions but also be able to manage groups of pupils independently and use their initiative.
Graded ‘Good' by Ofsted, the school caters for children with speech and language needs. With smaller than average class sizes, the school is able to offer a personalised curriculum, with a large focus on creative subjects. The school is located in North West London and has good links to the Hammersmith and City and Bakerloo lines. This is a great opportunity to join a tight knit team of teachers and LSA's, who work together to provide a learning environment that engages and inspires pupils. The SLT pride themselves on staff development and have given LSA's with subject strengths e.g. music, the opportunity to lead classes. The role is for the duration of the academic year, with the possibility of being re-employed from September 2021.
To be considered for the Learning Support Assistants/LSA's position, you will:
- Hold an enhanced DBS
- Have previous experience working with children in the UK in the past 2 years
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What we offer
As a valued employee, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Learning Support Assistant/LSA who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you. Apply today via this website.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Smart TeachersSalisbury House, 29 Finsbury Circus, London, Greater London
Nearby train stations
- London Charing Cross (opens in new window)
- London Waterloo (opens in new window)
- London Victoria (opens in new window)
- London Waterloo East (opens in new window)
- Vauxhall (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop, Parliament Square, ---
- Stop P, Parliament Square, ---
- Entrance 2, Parliament Square, ---
- Stop X, Westminster Abbey, GREAT SMITH STREET
- Entrance 5, Westminster Underground Station, ---
- Westminster School
- St Matthew's School, Westminster
- The Grey Coat Hospital
- Burdett-Coutts and Townshend Foundation CofE Primary School
- Westminster City School