Learning Support Assistant
£70 per day
Recruiter: Vision for Education
Learning Support Assistant
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Full time, 08:30-15:30, Monday to Friday
Are you a Learning Support Assistant in seek of a new challenge? Are you passionate about supporting children and young people in the Leeds area? Do you have great classroom management skills, lots of patience and a desire to improve the progression of children with special educational needs? Do you have experience supporting children, young people and/or adults with autism and learning disabilities? If you are answering ‘yes' to any of the above mentioned questions, then this would be the ideal role for you!
Pay: £70 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 months minimum experience working with Children with Mental Health issues from deprived backgrounds with challenging behaviour. This is a temporary position meaning that you will have the opportunity to work long-term full time placements at various special schools around West Yorkshire. This will allow you to support a wide range of different children and enhance on your experience in the sector. This position is for immediate start but can be flexible depending on your availability.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will be supporting pupils with Learning Disabilities and Complex Needs to work to the best of their ability in order to make the most of their education and learning. You will assist and encourage the children to take part in all activities and tasks carried out by the school including physical activity, lesson activities and crafts.
The responsibilities of a Learning Support Assistant at this school are to build relationships with the pupils in order to fully understand their needs and requirements and adapt to their personalised approach to learning to help them achieve their individual outcomes and guide them towards their aspirations for the future. Depending on the needs and requirements of the students, you may be required to support with personal care and moving and handling tasks.
The environment in which you will be working is in a Special School in South Leeds that caters for children between the ages of 4 to 19. The school caters for pupils with a wide range of learning needs from moderate to severe learning difficulties, Autism and Complex Needs and communication and language barriers.
The school is committed to providing an environment in which all pupils can feel safe, happy, accepted and integrated, so that they are able to develop to their full potential. This means various facilities and provisions have been added to the school like creative/sensory rooms and sunken trampolines in order to make it accessible for each child and they can make the most out of their learning.
To be considered for the Learning Support Assistant position, you will:
- Be available Monday to Friday 08:30 – 15.30.
- Be willing to attend a one-day positive behaviour management course.
- Be happy to support pupils with personal care (if required).
- Be passionate about changing the lives of young people with Learning Disabilities and Complex Needs.
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What we offer
As a valued employee, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training and safeguarding training.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an experienced or aspiring Learning Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Vision for EducationSt Paul's Place, Norfolk Street, Sheffield , South Yorkshire
Nearby train stations
- Leeds (opens in new window)
- Burley Park (opens in new window)
- Cottingley (opens in new window)
- Headingley (opens in new window)
- Morley (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stand A, Rail Replacement, New Station Street
- Main Entrance, Leeds Rail Station, New Station Street
- stop Z3, Neville Street, Neville Street
- stop S10, Station Interchange, New Station Street
- stop S8, Station Interchange, New Station Street
- Leeds City College
- Leeds College of Building
- Mount St Mary's Catholic High School
- St Peter's Church of England Primary School, Leeds
- Blenheim Primary School