Learning Support Assistant
£65 - 75 per day
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
We are working in collaboration with a school based in South Leeds, who are looking to recruit a Team-Teach trained Behaviour Mentor with experience of supporting pupils who display challenging behaviours.
The role is located within a specialist school to support pupils who have been diagnosed with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH).
As a Team-Teach trained Teaching Assistant, you will:
• Support the student with learning difficulties and emotional and behavioural difficulties both on a 1:1 basis and within the classroom to support the class teacher.
• Be responsible for keeping the student engaged and focused on learning whilst helping to progress their social and emotional development.
• Have a positive impact on their learning experience by creating a fun learning environment.
• Have the ability to build a strong rapport with the student in order to support them effectively.
To succeed in the role you will:
• Have up to date Team Teach training (or be willing to attend training)
• Have recent experience in supporting pupils within a school based setting.
• Have good experience and understanding of supporting pupils with SEN and be enthusiastic about supporting and enhancing pupil development, academically and otherwise.
• Be an outgoing, proactive and positive individual who is passionate about supporting students with SEMH, as well as working well as part of a team.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory
holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some
cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available
at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Leeds (opens in new window)
- Burley Park (opens in new window)
- Cottingley (opens in new window)
- Headingley (opens in new window)
- Morley (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stand A, Rail Replacement, New Station Street
- Main Entrance, Leeds Rail Station, New Station Street
- stop Z3, Neville Street, Neville Street
- stop S10, Station Interchange, New Station Street
- stop S8, Station Interchange, New Station Street
- Leeds City College
- Leeds College of Building
- Mount St Mary's Catholic High School
- St Peter's Church of England Primary School, Leeds
- Blenheim Primary School