Learning Support Assistant
£65 - 75 per day
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, motivational Learning Support Assistant to join one of its partner Specialist Inclusive Learning Centres in Leeds. We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant who wants to make a difference to the lives of pupils to inspire a desire for learning, to maintain high standards and make a significant impact on the life chances of pupils.
The successful candidate will excel in meeting the diverse needs of pupils. They will be supported within their class by a Teacher and Learning Support Assistants who have a secure understanding of the rewards and challenges in the school.
The SILC is a 2-19 special school maintained by Leeds City Council at present and will be joining a MAT in the future. Pupils and young people have a wide range of learning difficulties, including Autistic Spectrum Condition.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience of supporting pupils with a wide range of Special Educational Needs including Complex Autistic Spectrum Condition and challenging behaviours
• Maths and/ English Grades GCSE A-C or CSE level 1 or equivalent
• Use of basic technology – computer, video, photocopier
• NVQ/QCF or equivalent in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools or working towards is desirable
In addition, the following personal qualities:
• Positive attitude and creative attitude
• Enthusiasm and the ability to motivate and inspire others
• Able to work effectively in a team
• Able to use initiative
• Willingness to learn, reflect and share effective practice with others
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and
training for this role.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Leeds (opens in new window)
- Burley Park (opens in new window)
- Cottingley (opens in new window)
- Headingley (opens in new window)
- Morley (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stand A, Rail Replacement, New Station Street
- Main Entrance, Leeds Rail Station, New Station Street
- stop Z3, Neville Street, Neville Street
- stop S10, Station Interchange, New Station Street
- stop S8, Station Interchange, New Station Street
- Leeds City College
- Leeds College of Building
- Mount St Mary's Catholic High School
- St Peter's Church of England Primary School, Leeds
- Blenheim Primary School