Learning Support Assistant
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
£70 to £90 per day
Recruiter: Principal Resourcing
We are recruiting for one of their partner SEN schools based in Leeds LS10 for a Learning Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant. You will ideally be trained in Moving and Handling and/or Team Teach. The role will be to start ASAP and will be an ongoing position for the right candidate. They are looking for that special someone to work either part time or 5 days a week and you can expect to earn up to £90 per day.
This special SEN provision caters for young people from 3 to 18 with complex learning, physical, medical and behavioural needs. You must be committed to high standards, actively promote safe, happy learning and be ambitious for the success of the pupils, their families, yourself and the school community. Ideally, we are looking for Support workers who are predominantly experienced in working with children/adults with physical disabilities and complex needs, but applications are welcome from applicants with a range of SEND experience.
Within the role you are required to:
- Provide a calming and nurturing support for some of Leeds most vulnerable students with EHCP's
- Be resilient, not easily offended and can de-escalate sometimes challenging situations
- Have a commitment to the settings to ensure the children you are supporting have a regular role model and routine
- Show an interest in the children that you are working with in order that you can build mutually respected relationships
- There may be an element of personal care involved to support the children in their daily routine
- Moving and Handling Trained
- Experienced in personal care
Skills and attributes:
- Ability to relate well to pupils and young adults with additional needs, experience of working with SEN would be advantageous.
- Be able to remain calm under pressure
- Experience working in similar settings e.g. care homes, hospitals,
- Team Teach qualification is advantageous but not essential as we can provide FREE training for the right candidates
- Experience of working with Physical difficulties, PMLD, Autism or SEMH advantageous but not essential
- A valid DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
- Team Teach is advantageous but not essential
So, what's in it for you:
- Highly supportive and committed consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE accredited CPD courses
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- 'Recommend a Friend' bonus up to £150
- A wealth of experience from Teachers working in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
- A choice of pay options to suit you and your circumstances: PAYE or Umbrella Company
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
We will conduct your interview remotely, via Teams. We will clear you as quickly as possible, our dedicated Candidate and Compliance Team, will be working tirelessly to do so!
We are an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks your application may have been unsuccessful.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Principal ResourcingPrincipal Resourcing Ltd, 157 High Street, Hull, Yorkshire
Nearby train stations
- Cottingley (opens in new window)
- Leeds (opens in new window)
- Morley (opens in new window)
- Outwood (opens in new window)
- Woodlesford (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- NW bound, Broom Place Middleton Ring Rd, Broom Place
- Broom Place Middleton Ring Rd, Broom Place
- Middleton Ring Road Nesfield View, Middleton Ring Road
- Ring Rd Hopes Farm Road, Ring Road Middleton
- opp, Belle Isle Road Town St, Belle Isle Road
- Broomfield South SILC
- Clapgate Primary School
- Windmill Primary School
- Sharp Lane Primary School
- South Leeds Academy