Learning Support Assistant (DDSLSA18833)
£75 - 80 per day
Recruiter: Smart Teachers
Learning Support Assistant
Location - West London
£75 - £80 Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Experience of using Makaton, PECS and supporting learners with Autism
Contract dates 4th January 2021 – July 2021
Smart Teachers is seeking to assist a popular and thriving school within the Ealing community for January 2021 with charismatic and energetic Learning Support Assistants.The successful candidate will work within the Alternative resourse provision, as well as in mainstream classes, supporting children with a broad range of needs.
- Learning Support Assistant
- To work within specialist, smaller classes supporting learners with Autism, SEMH, and other learning difficulties
- To liaise closely with class teachers and other members of the senior leadership team to ensure children have access to an engaging and tailored learning opportunities
- Working hours are 0830-1600
- Long term booking from January 2021 - July 2021
- £75 + per day
- Two from entry school with attached resource provision
- Known for its strong community involvement
- High percentage of EAL learners
- Graded ‘Good' at its last ofsted inspection
- Accessible from all Ealing stations
To be considered for the Learning Support Assistant position, you will:
- Have experience of working within SEND schools, Provisions, or Primary/Secondary school settings
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Previous experience of supporting children with Special Educational needs
- Be eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Have recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Learning Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Primary team on 02070657500.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Smart TeachersSalisbury House, 29 Finsbury Circus, London, Greater London