Learning Support Assistant
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
£9.75 - 10.00 per hour
Recruiter: Vision for Education
Learning Support Assistant
Full Time, 08:30 – 15:00 Monday to Friday
Are you a current or an aspiring Learning Support Assistant who wants to make a difference to the lives of Children and Young People in the Bradford area? Do you thrive from supporting children with SEN and helping them to gain confidence and independence? Do you have experience supporting children, young people and/or adults with autism and learning disabilities? If you are answering ‘yes' to any of the above-mentioned questions, then we would love hear from you!
£9.75 - £10 per hour
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 months minimum experience working with Children, Young People and/or Adults with Autism, Learning Disabilities and Complex Needs. This is a temporary to permanent position meaning that you have the opportunity to complete a 12 week placement through ourselves before being offered a permanent role by the school.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will be supporting children on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis with their daily routine at school including activities, meal times and outdoor play. The activities carried out at school are very sensory led to help the children to enhance these skills and based on the needs of the children, sensory activities is the most effective way for them to learn. The activities carried out are things like outdoor play, music, baking, crafts etc, in which you will be required to take part in the activity alongside the children to help them to engage in the task.
The children and young people you will be supporting have autism, learning disabilities and communication barriers - depending on the needs of each pupil, some will require support with personal care. Some children are also non-verbal which means you will have access to a range of picture cards used as a key to help the children to communicate what they want. You will work alongside various staff members and teachers to support each pupil with their personalised learning plans and cater to their individual needs.
The environment in which you will be working is in a Special School located in the North of Bradford that caters for children and young people aged between 4 to 19 years of age. All pupils have an education, health and care plan to support their development and lessons are delivered with the needs of every pupil in mind to support them with reaching their long-term goals.
There are various facilities throughout the school which are designed to help the children have a structured routine and gain new experiences. There is an aromatherapy room, a soft play area and a swing room - these facilities help the children to feel calm and relaxed and it is another opportunity for staff to participate in fun, creative activities with the pupils they are supporting.
To be considered for the Learning Support Assistant position, you will:
- Be available Monday to Friday 08:30 – 15.00.
- Be willing to attend a one-day positive behaviour management course.
- Be physically fit and energetic.
- Be passionate about changing the lives of young people with Autism and Learning Disabilities.
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
As a valued employee you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training and safeguarding training.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an experienced or aspiring Learning Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Vision for EducationSt Paul's Place, Norfolk Street, Sheffield , South Yorkshire
Nearby train stations
- Bradford Forster Square (opens in new window)
- Bradford Interchange (opens in new window)
- Frizinghall (opens in new window)
- Shipley (opens in new window)
- New Pudsey (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- stop W3, Westgate, Westgate
- stop W1, Westgate, Westgate
- Stop J1, John Street, John Street
- stop W2, Westgate, Westgate
- Stop J2, John Street, John Street
- Bradford College
- International Food and Travel Studio
- Al Mumin Primary School
- Springwood Community Primary School
- One In A Million Free School