Learning Disabilities Support Worker
£11 - 12 per hour
Recruiter: Vision for Education
Job title: Learning Disabilities Support Worker – KS2-KS4
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Pay: £10 - £11 per hour
Salary is dependent on experience, training and qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 months relevant experience working with Children or Adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism in a similar setting or care environment. This is a full-time role and at this time we are not accepting part time applications for this position.
Job type: Contract, Full time
As a Learning Disabilities Support Worker, you will be supporting students at the college with their daily routine and assisting them to take part in activities which will help them to gain confidence and new life experiences.
Throughout routine at the college, you will help the students take part in activities and tasks to enhance their sensory skills like crafts, baking or going out into the community.
You will work alongside the students to empower them to take
steps to change their lives for the better and helping them to
learn new skills and carry out tasks and activities as
independently as they can.
The environment in which you will be working is in a College in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
The college caters for students between 16 and 25 with severe learning and physical disabilities, autism and complex needs such as visual impairments and epilepsy.
The aim of the college is to prepare the students for life after
college by supporting them with career pathways and employment
plans, making friends and learning to live more independently,
ultimately aiming to make the aspirations of the students possible
and goals a reality.
To be considered for the Learning Disabilities Support Worker position, you will:
- Have a genuine passion to work with young people with special needs and SEMH.
- Have 6 months minimum experience working in a similar role.
- Be resilient. This role is very rewarding but does not come without its challenges.
- Be able to demonstrate empathy and patience.
- Have, or be willing to obtain a DBS on the update service.
- Recent relevant experience within the last two years.
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply:
If you are a Learning Disabilities Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website,
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Vision for EducationSt Paul's Place, Norfolk Street, Sheffield , South Yorkshire
Nearby train stations
- Harrogate (opens in new window)
- Hornbeam Park (opens in new window)
- Starbeck (opens in new window)
- Pannal (opens in new window)
- Knaresborough (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- NE-bound, Royal Hall, Montpellier Road
- SE-bound, Royal Hall, Parliament Street
- 32013420, Cheltenham Cres, Cheltenham Crescent
- E-bound, Cheltenham Crescent, Cheltenham Crescent
- N-bound, White Hart, Cold Bath Road
- Western Primary School
- Harrogate Ladies' College
- Harrogate, St Peter's Church of England Primary School
- Harrogate, Grove Road Community Primary School
- Harrogate, Coppice Valley Community Primary School