KS1 Reading Intervention Teaching Assistant - South Bristol
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
Up to £8 per hour
Recruiter: Prospero Group
Are you looking for a career within Education? Prospero Teaching are looking for a warm and friendly Teaching Assistant to help KS1 pupils with their reading.
As a Reading Intervention Teaching Assistant, duties would include working 1:1 and in small groups, supporting children who require additional help. The candidate should also be able to think quickly & problem solve without the supervision of the teacher.
Experience within a classroom environment would be advantageous but not essential. The school will provide the successful candidate with additional training and support.
Having a current enhanced child workforce DBS on the update service would also be advantageous, if not you will be required to pay for a new DBS before being introduced to schools (£45.80).
Contract/ Position Details
- Location: South Bristol
- Position: Reading Intervention Teaching Assistant (KS1)
- Contract or position start date: ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration: Temp to Perm
- Full time/part time: Full time
- Minimum rate of pay: £65 per day
- Hours: 8:30 am - 3,30pm (full day)
Experience, training and qualification:
- Ability to think quickly & without supervision
- Confident when working with small groups or 1 to 1
- Strong behaviour management skills while creating a fun learning environment
- Driven to motivate the pupil and increase their participation
- Be caring, patient and have good communication skills
- Calming mannerisms in challenging situations
- The ability to grow individual personal development
To Be Eligible For This Role, You Must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Prospero Group15 Worship Street, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Bristol Temple Meads (opens in new window)
- Redland (opens in new window)
- Montpelier (opens in new window)
- Bedminster (opens in new window)
- Clifton Down (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop se, Wine Street, Wine Street
- Stop sc, Wine Street, Wine Street
- Stop sf, Union Street, Union Street
- Stop sg, Union Street, Union Street
- Stop sh, Union Street, Union Street
- LPW Independent School
- St Michael's on the Mount Church of England Primary School
- Andalusia Academy Bristol
- Cathedral Primary School
- Bristol Cathedral Choir School