Humanities Teacher - SEN
Location: Croydon, London
£32,225 - £43446 per annum
Recruiter: Horizon Care & Education
Humanities Teacher Needed
Permanent Full Time - 37.5 hours per week – ASAP Start
Salary: £32,225 - £43,446 DOE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Teacher to join our team and support our secondary age students through their education, providing quality, exciting and engaging lessons, to bring the science curriculum to life for your students.
About our school:
Cressey College is a successful, independent SEMH school, for pupils aged 5 To 19. The College is spread out over a number of smaller units throughout Croydon, Wimbledon and surrounds. As part of our highly personalised and purposeful provision, pupils at Cressey participate in a wide range of academic, creative, sporting and vocational learning opportunities and activities, which supports them in developing a range of skills and maximising learning outcomes. Students can take part in a wide range of courses, from Music to Construction, as well as being given every opportunity to excel in their core subjects, such as Maths , English and Science.
Our Teaching and support staff are full of endless enthusiasm, the team love what they do, and working together, they are driving the establishment towards an Outstanding
1. To undertake the teaching of SEN students with Education Health and Care Plans, across the range of SEN needs and ages, and particularly those learners with social, emotional and mental health difficulties and other related conditions.
2. To provide a quality of teaching and learning provision that can be judged to be at least ‘good' and ensures all students make at least good progress.
3. Be accountable for the attainment and progress of all students who are taught by the post holder.
4. Produce student IEPs, monitor student social communication development, contribute to provision mapping and annual reviews for students.
5. Supervise and guide the work of any support staff who are assigned to work with post holder's classes/students.
6. To provide pastoral support and guidance for all students in the post holder's care, classes or tutor group.
7. To contribute to the overall development work of the teaching and learning area team.
1. To set clear learning objectives and plan for and teach across the whole age and ability range.
2. Use assessment data plan lessons and learning materials to motivate and support all students to make at least good progress.
3. To have high aspirations and set challenging targets for all students.
4. To set high expectations for students behaviour, learning, motivation and presentation of work by establishing a purposeful working atmosphere and providing challenging and inspirational learning experiences.
5. To work in collaboration with Teaching Assistants assigned to any teaching group/student within the group.
6. Take account of students' prior attainment, learning styles and needs and use them to set appropriately challenging targets and learning activities.
7. To promote and develop literacy and numeracy skills throughout teaching and learning activities so that literacy and numeracy do not present barriers to learning.
8. To provide intervention activities for those students who need support to boost attainment/progress or who require additional challenge.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. We have an expectation that all staff share this commitment. This post is subject to safer recruitment checks, including satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Horizon Care & EducationProspect House, Prospect Business Park, Cannock, Staffordshire
Nearby train stations
- East Croydon (opens in new window)
- West Croydon (opens in new window)
- South Croydon (opens in new window)
- Waddon (opens in new window)
- Selhurst (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop KU, Croydon Flyover, ---
- Stop KN, Croydon Flyover, CROYDON HIGH STREET
- Stop KP, Croydon Flyover, CROYDON HIGH STREET
- Stop KQ, Croydon Flyover, CROYDON HIGH STREET
- Stop KT, Croydon Flyover, CROYDON HIGH STREET
- Old Palace of John Whitgift School
- Croydon College
- Harris Federation Post 16
- Croydon Metropolitan College
- St Andrew's CofE Voluntary Aided High School