Head of RE
Location: Braintree, Essex
£16 - £20 per hour
Recruiter: Prospero Group
Sector: EducationJump to application form
We are looking for a Head of RE to start in September 2021. This is to work in a mainstream secondary school in the Southend area.
About the school and contract:
- We are looking for a Head of RE to start in September in a secondary school in the Southend area.
- Suitable for a 2nd in department looking the the next step in their career.
- You will be focusing on teaching RE to students in KS3 - KS5.
- Teaching across Humanities at at least KS3.
- Strong Humanities department with supportive SLT throughout the school.
- There may also be some 1:1 teaching involved.
- Full time (5 days a week) teaching position including planning and marking.
About the successful Head of RE:
- Hold QTS or QTLS.
- Hold a relevant RE related degree.
- Experience teaching in the UK is desirable but not essential.
- Experience leading a team or department is essential.
- You will have excellent classroom and behaviour management.
- You will be pro active and innovative with the ability to engage students in different ways.
Contract details for the Head of RE position:
- Location - Southend
- Position - Full Time RE Teacher and Head of RE
- Type of work - Teaching in a secondary school and leading a department
- Start date - September 2021
- Contract type - ongoing
- Duration / Likely Duration - 1 term with the potential for extension
- Full time/part time - Full time (5 days)
- Minimum rate of pay - negotiable + TLR included
To be eligible the Head of RE must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills - the school encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
- A positive role model.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Prospero Group15 Worship Street, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Braintree (opens in new window)
- Braintree Freeport (opens in new window)
- Cressing (opens in new window)
- White Notley (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- opp, Mount Road, Coggeshall Road
- SE-bound, Courtauld Road, Courtauld Road
- S-bound, Railway Street, Railway Street
- N-bound, Railway Street, Railway Street
- Adj, Julien Court Road, Courtauld Road
- St Francis Catholic Primary School, Braintree
- Great Bradfords Junior School
- John Bunyan Junior School
- Tabor Science College
- St Michael's Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School