Graduate Trainee Teacher - Alternative Education
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
Location: Salford, Greater Manchester
£10 per hour
Recruiter: Prospero Group
Sector: EducationJump to application form
We are looking to recruit high calibre graduates, to work as learning mentors, for one of our favourite clients.
Our client is an Alternative Education Provider who supports young people with behavioural issues who are on short and fixed term exclusions from mainstream education.
You must have a good sense of humour and strong resiliency skills - this is a tough gig but the sense of team spirit is immense and there is a real sense of team purpose.
Our young people are challenging and will keep you on your toes - so our Headteacher is looking for graduates with a real 'edge' about them - your communication skills must be excellent (you must be able to speak with everyone and anyone!), you must be thick-skinned and be resilient (our young people need that little extra care and support) - and you must be dedicated to providing education and support.
In return for your dedication, our school will offer you access to their in-house Teacher Training scheme which leads to Qualified Teacher Status. You will be mentored and supported by a truly inspirational Headteacher and backed by some outstanding Learning Mentors.
These opportunities are rare and do not come about very often - competition is high and those interested should submit their CV's to this advert ASAP for an immediate telephone interview.
* September start
* Full time, long term position
* Minimum rate £80 per day
* 8:30 am - 3.30 pm (as a rough guide, Monday to Friday)
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree at a good classification
- Confident in working on a 1:1 or small group basis
- Be willing to undergo specific training schemes such as Safeguarding, Team Teach and others
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE, YOU MUST:
* Hold Right to Work in the UK
* Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
* Provide two professional references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Prospero Group15 Worship Street, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Eccles (opens in new window)
- Salford Crescent (opens in new window)
- Manchester United FC Halt (opens in new window)
- Patricroft (opens in new window)
- Trafford Park (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- House 7, Tootal Road/Weaste Lane, TOOTAL ROAD
- Church, Liverpool Street/Weaste Lane, LIVERPOOL ST
- Opp House 31, Weaste Road/Liverpool Street, WEASTE ROAD
- Nr Reservoir, Liverpool Street/Weaste Lane, LIVERPOOL ST
- Willows Rd - Health Centre, Weaste - Willows Road, Willows Rd
- St Luke's CofE Primary School
- All Hallows RC Business and Enterprise College
- Buile Hill Visual Arts College
- Holy Family VA RC Primary School
- Lark Hill Community Primary School