Graduate Teaching Assistant
£70 - 75 per day
Recruiter: Protocol Education
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
We are currently recruiting graduate teaching assistants who are looking to explore a career within education and special needs. This particular school are looking for individuals who either have personal experience with special needs or have a passion to work with special needs. This school are able to offer immediate or September roles. As a teaching assistant you will be working with primary or secondary students with special needs that include autism, physical disabilities, visual/hearing impairments or speech & language difficulties. As part of the role you will be supporting students on a one to one basis where you will be required to support numeracy, literacy, social awareness and support in lessons such as music, art, P.E. and cooking.
- Located in Wandsworth, London
- Full time - Monday to Friday
- Additional hours
- Long term opportunity with job security
- Working one to one or in class ranging from 6 - 8 students per class
- Supporting students in numeracy, literacy, cooking, hand eye coordination & speech & language development
- Working in creative lessons such as music, art, P.E. and cooking and outdoor activities
- Opportunity to be trained during the role
- Excellent transport links
- No umbrella companies meaning no hidden deductions
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a calm and consistent approach
- Have a supporting and encouraging manner with learners and an ability to inspire trust and to motivate the child in their care to integrate and learn through play
In addition, we can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
If you are looking for a rewarding challenge and have the suitable qualifications and personal qualities, we would encourage you to Apply Now.
In addition we have other schools within Wandsworth and neighbouring boroughs that offer other long term opportunities. If you would like to know more please apply and you will be contacted to discuss this and additional roles.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education'. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service. Full assistance provided.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Protocol EducationFloor 7, 10 Bloomsbury Way, , London, London