Graduate Teaching Assistant
£10.00 - 10.70 per hour
Recruiter: Vision for Education
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
We are experiencing a high demand from special needs schools across Manchester, for university graduates who can work as a Graduate Teaching Assistant. We are looking for people with a positive attitude and enthusiastic personality to engage children with learning difficulties and disabilities.
You will be expected to provide classroom-based support to children from the ages of 5-19, assisting pupils to get the most out of their experience of education. The successful Graduate Teaching Assistant will have a desire to support children with barriers to learning and learning difficulties.
The schools that we work with across Manchester provide a safe, caring and nurturing environment for students who find mainstream school settings unsuitable. We are looking for people either with or without experience for the role of Graduate Teaching Assistant, as training can be provided.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for the Graduate Teaching Assistant position are:
- Have a desire to work with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Have a patient and caring nature
- Be willing to work in school environments
We are committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What we offer
As a Graduate Teaching Assistant valued employee, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Graduate Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Vision for EducationSt Paul's Place, Norfolk Street, Sheffield , South Yorkshire
Nearby train stations
- Salford Central (opens in new window)
- Deansgate (opens in new window)
- Manchester Oxford Road (opens in new window)
- Manchester Victoria (opens in new window)
- Manchester Piccadilly (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop Wh, Deansgate/John Rylands Library, DEANSGATE
- Spinningfields, Deansgate/Spinningfields, DEANSGATE
- Nr Court, Spinningfields (to define route), DEANSGATE
- Stop Wg, Deansgate/Bridge Street, DEANSGATE
- Deansgate - Bootle St, City Centre - Deansgate, Deansgate
- Abbey College Manchester
- Chetham's School of Music
- St Philip's CofE Primary School
- The Cathedral School of St Peter and St John RC Primary
- St Philip's Church of England Primary School