Graduate for Schools
Location: Hulme, Greater Manchester
£9 - £10 per hour
Recruiter: Prospero Group
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
Graduate Teaching Assistant
We are looking for strong and ambitious graduate to work as a Teaching Assistant/Mentor in a school based in Hulme, Manchester close to the city centre.
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic graduates with an interest in a career in mental health, attachment, barriers to learning and those marginalised groups in society.
The role is more specifically working with groups of young people, who need additional support pastoral and academically, the pupils need a lot of encouragement and support, especially with their emotions.
The school is committed to pupil and teacher development, with track records of supporting graduates through teacher training applications. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to pursue a career in Education Psychology or a PGCE in the future.
- Location - Hulme, Manchester
- Position - Graduate TA / Mentor
- Type of work - 1:1 work with children and young adults with complex behaviour and mental health
- Contract or position start date - December
- Duration / Likely Duration - Temp - Perm
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) - Temporary
- Full time/part time - Full time
- Rate of pay - Minimum rate £70
- Hours - 8:30 am - 4pm : Mon - Fri (term time only)
- Working with and providing support to children with SEN (Special Educational Needs)
- Experience of supporting pupils
- The willingness to provide an environment in which pupils can reach their full potential
- The ability to build rapports with the children, supporting their social and behavioural needs, and acting as a mentor
- DBS (clean and relevant) - Can be obtained through Prospero Teaching
- Safeguarding certificate
- A committed and enthusiastic attitude to work
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to form new relationships
- Previous experience working in primary schools.
- Good knowledge of mental health
If you wish to be considered for this role, please apply ASAP.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Prospero Group15 Worship Street, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Deansgate (opens in new window)
- Manchester Oxford Road (opens in new window)
- Salford Central (opens in new window)
- Manchester Piccadilly (opens in new window)
- Manchester United FC Halt (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Opp House 142, Rolls Crescent/Shearsby Close, ROLLS CRESCENT
- John Nash Cres, Rolls Cres (Ebd - to def rte), ROLLS CRESCENT
- Clopton Walk, Rolls Cres (Wbd - to def rte), ROLLS CRESCENT
- nr, Greenheys Lane West/Old Birley St, GREENHEYS LN W
- O/s House 30, Rolls Crescent/Spruce Street, ROLLS CRESCENT
- Rolls Crescent Primary School
- Loreto College
- St Wilfrid's RC Primary School
- Afifah School
- St Philip's Church of England Primary School