Graduate Child Support Worker
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
£70 - 75 per day
Recruiter: Vision for Education
Graduate Child Support Worker
£10-£11 Per Hour
Full Time, 08:30 – 15:30 Monday to Thursday and 08:30 - 12:00 Friday
Are you a recent graduate who wants to make a difference to the lives of Young People in the Leeds area as a Graduate Child Support Worker? If so, this would be the ideal role for you. The pupils that attend this provision are some of the most vulnerable and disaffected in the region. All of the pupils that attend school have Social, Emotional and Mental Health Issues as well as some criminal and forensic involvement, so a background/degree in forensic psychology or criminology (not exclusive to) would be ideal as well as some experience on placements in similar settings. The staff that work with these young people need to be fully committed and genuinely passionate about making a real difference to the lives of these young people. If you feel that you meet this criteria and the criteria below, then please do get in touch. This is for a September start.
The responsibilities of a Graduate Child Support Worker at this school are as follows: supporting the class teacher to deliver work in accordance with the national curriculum, supporting the class teacher to manage behaviour, supporting pupils on a one-to-one basis, contributing to record keeping, liaising with parents and multidisciplinary teams and attending school trips/outings.
Pupil Referral Unit in East that caters for pupils aged between 4-16 that have been removed from mainstream education on a temporary or permanent basis due to their behaviour, mental health issues, safeguarding issues or criminal behaviour. The majority of the pupils at this school have a history of trauma, so the school are looking for people who can demonstrate genuine empathy and patience with their pupils - an understanding or background of working with young people with trauma issues would be beneficial but not essential for this role.
To be considered for the Graduate Child Support Worker position, you will:
- Have 6 weeks' minimum experience working with young people with challenging behaviour either in a school or similar setting either as paid employment or as a placement
- Be available Monday to Friday 08:30 – 15:30
- Be willing to attend a two day positive behaviour management course.
- Be physically fit and energetic.
- Be passionate about changing the lives of young people with Mental Health Issues
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What we offer
As a valued employee, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an aspiring Graduate Child Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Vision for EducationSt Paul's Place, Norfolk Street, Sheffield , South Yorkshire
Nearby train stations
- Leeds (opens in new window)
- Burley Park (opens in new window)
- Cottingley (opens in new window)
- Headingley (opens in new window)
- Morley (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stand A, Rail Replacement, New Station Street
- Main Entrance, Leeds Rail Station, New Station Street
- stop Z3, Neville Street, Neville Street
- stop S10, Station Interchange, New Station Street
- stop S8, Station Interchange, New Station Street
- Leeds City College
- Leeds College of Building
- Mount St Mary's Catholic High School
- St Peter's Church of England Primary School, Leeds
- Blenheim Primary School