Teaching Assistant, Neath
Education ⫽ SEN Teaching Assistant Jobs
Neath, Neath Port Talbot
Up to £84.69 per day
Temporary, Full time
Normal School hours - 8.30-15.00 for example.
Secondary Teaching Assistant
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Teaching Assistant for a Secondary school in Neath. The role available is full time, starts immediately and is a long term role.
The school is a mainstream Secondary School with a supportive Welsh department. The school is going from strength to strength and providing CPD throughout the year. The timetable for this role will be key stage 3 and key stage 4.
The position is open to both NQT's and experienced Teaching Assistants. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position.
- Location - Neath
- Position - Teaching Assistant
- Type of work - KS3/KS4 Class Teaching Assistant
- Contract or position start date - ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration - Likely to run into next academic year
- Contract type - Temporary
- Full time/part time - Full time
- Minimum rate of pay - Minimum rate £84.69 per day
- Hours - 8:30 am - 4pm, plus parents evenings
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- QTS or equivalent
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references that cover the last 2 years
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register and have passed all safeguarding/vetting checks with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy. Any adult working with children and vulnerable young people are responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of the children and young people.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team