Education ⫽ SEN Teaching Assistant Jobs
£90 per day
Temp to Perm, Full time
We are currently seeking new Learning Support Assistants for a School that we exclusively work within the Exeter. The school is a Alternate Provision SEN school catering for Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) pupils with complex needs.
The successful educator will:
- Have experience working challenging behaviours - Happy to work on a 121 level - Have a passionate, resilient and enthusiastic approach to supporting children - Have a full UK driving licence and access to own transport - Have an enhanced child only DBS or willing to apply for one - Have a UK residency
The attending pupils are either students that have been suspended from mainstream school, or are awaiting their EHCP (Education, Health Care Plan). The needs of attending pupils are varied, but may include: Behavioural difficulties, Anti-social and disengaged behaviour, ADHD.
The school is a very attractive draw for any candidate with the desire of working within this provision as it boasts the following:
- Outdoor Education Trips - 50% of the daily routine
- School Gym and Nurture Rooms.
The school is easy driving distance from main roads.
Ideal applicants should have previous experience working with complex behaviour or challenging needs professionally or personally. Without school experience any professional experience with the following could help the candidate succeed in this role:
- Youth/Community work experience
- Care worker
- Challenging behaviour within family
- SEN Experience
The school runs on a differentiated curriculum where core subjects are still present, but they also run focused classes for the pupils needs including; PSHE, Nurture Group. There are also practical classes to help engage students such as; Land Based Studies, Food Tech, Drama, Photography, PE and Technology.
Applicants will be working within the classroom supporting teachers and fellow support workers on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis with pupils, so any experience or passion for these subjects would be ideal.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £85.00-£90.00 per day
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Work Location: In person