SEN Teaching Assistant
Education ⫽ SEN Teaching Assistant Jobs
£80 - £100 per day
Temporary, Full time
Care, SEN, Learning, Support
We are looking for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to provide support for an Alternative Provision School in Grimsby. The provision caters for pupils aged 3-19 years with a diverse range of learning needs within an adaptive and inclusive learning environment.
The full-time role is available immediately for the right candidate and will provide cover to meet the needs of the school.
- Supervise and provide specialist support for individuals with SEN, disabilities, personal and health needs, EAL, etc. ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Support the academic, social, emotional and development of individuals, understanding clearly how young people and vulnerable adults learn
- Attend to the pupils' personal care needs, supporting with the use of personal/learning aides
- Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher as agreed
- Understanding of National Curriculum, EYFS Guidance and other codes of practice e.g. SEN, Equalities, Safeguarding
- Effective use of ICT to support teaching and learning
- Ability to interact well using courtesy, tact, diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Ability to establish professional, effective working relationships with a range of partners/colleagues and children and young people.
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with free accredited CPD courses
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- 'Recommend a Friend' bonus up to £250
- A wealth of experience from Teachers working in branch, to provide you with industry specific knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
- A choice of pay options to suit you and your circumstances: PAYE or Umbrella Company
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.