Child Support Worker
Support Services ⫽ Catering Jobs
Redcar, North Yorkshire
£15 - £18 per hour + + mileage paid @45p per mile
Permanent, Full time
8am - 8pm 8pm - 8am 8am - 8pm + attached sleep in
Child Support Worker
Within this role you will be working with children in the community. You will be working minimum 2:1, ensuring the care and safety of a young service user between the age of 8-18.
For this role, you will need to have good attention to detail, writing detailed notes about the young service users' emotions, interactions with colleagues/family members, conversations in person and on the phone, food diaries and the daily routines. The role will require you to partake in activities with the young person and help to manage their money, ensuring receipts are kept for each transaction.
You will need to be able to identify and report any safeguarding issues to help assist the young person's development and keep them on track. Within the role you'll deal with difficult behaviour, a range of mental health issues and disabilities, so experience would be advantageous.
We will provide online training + TMVA training to help assist you de-escalate heightened situations. You will be required to maintain a professional manner while working with the local authority and Prospero to ensure a good relationship is kept between you, the young person, Prospero and the local authority.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Supporting vulnerable & difficult children, with different types of mental health issues,
- Assisting with the completion of care plans, risk assessments, reviews and incident & accident reporting,
- Providing physical and emotional support which may include helping with household tasks and personal care,
- Contributing to the effective implementation of individual programmes by supporting learning, independence and experiences,
- Building relationships with the children and providing high levels of care and support,
- Supporting routines, from normal household routines like waking up and getting out of bed, to activities outside,
- Maintaining professional relationships with clients, family and external healthcare professionals, and adhering to company policies and procedures.
The Skills You Need:
- Great problem solving skills, the ability to think on your feet
- Emotional resilience,
- High levels of professionalism and a non-judgemental attitude - regardless of the service user's needs,
- Good written and verbal communication skills,
- DBS Certificate (we can help you acquire this),
- Drivers preferred as locations can be spread and varying,
- Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care or another relevant subject would be preferred
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive Salary of £15+ Per Hour
- TMVA Training Course - worth £500! - to expand your skills and knowledge
- Travel expenses paid at 45p Per Mile