ASD Teaching Assistant
Education ⫽ SEN Teaching Assistant Jobs
Bolton, Greater Manchester
£85 - £95 per day
Temp to Perm, Full time
8:30am - 3:30pm Monday to Friday
ASC, ASD, TA, CACHE, SEN, SEND, BEHAVIOUR, autism, autistic,
Teaching Assistant - Bolton - ASAP
Prospero Teaching is looking for a Teaching Assistant to support students in an ASD friendly school who teach students aged 3 to 19 in Bolton. This particular role is to support students from 3 - 11.
The school is for students from early years up to Key Stage 5 with ASD and perhaps an Educational Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and have a range of sensory rooms and shared spaces where pupils are able to engage in complimentary health services and therapies when necessary.
Ideally you will have a background or have studied in the following areas; education, health & social care, psychology, youth work or nursing.
If you have done placements as part of your courses that you have completed in a formal setting, or have supported students or young people, or if you have experience of mentoring children or young adults in a paid or unpaid capacity, we'd love to hear from you.
The role will initially be on a temporary basis but, depending on the first 12 weeks, the role could result in you being offered a permanent position.
- Location - Bolton
- Position - Teaching assistant
- Type of work - Classroom support
- Start date - ASAP
- Contract type - Temporary to Permanent
- Full time
- Minimum rate of pay - £85 per day
- Hours - 8:30 am - 3.30pm : Mon - Fri (term time only)
Experience, Training and qualifications:
* Experience working with students with ASD
* GCSE English and Maths grade 'C' or '4' & above
* Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
* Up to date Prevent training issued in the last 3 years
* Up to date FGM & behaviour management training
To be eligible you must have/be:
* Hold Right to Work in the UK
* Hold an enhanced DBS child & adult certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
* Provide a minimum of two references covering the last 2 years
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your full, up-to-date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding, prevent awareness and behaviour management In-house Training and Development Team
Additionally, if you have a friend or colleague who you think would be interested in this role then please refer them to us and you could earn up to £200 from our Refer a Friend scheme.