Location: Basildon, Essex
£8 - £10 per hour
Recruiter: Prospero Group
Sector: EducationJump to application form
Cover Supervisor - Basildon
We are looking for an enthusiastic Cover Supervisor to work in a variety of secondary schools in and around Basildon.
- You will ideally be a University Graduate with a 2:1 or higher, however a degree is not essential.
- You will have the opportunity to cover a range of subjects for students in KS3 and KS4, and will be expected to control the class and manage behaviour as and when needed, in line with the school policy.
- As a Cover Supervisor, you will take on the responsibility of the full time class teacher when the teacher is absent; sickness, training courses, school trips etc.
About the schools / job:
- Variety of mainstream secondary schools in and around Basildon.
- Working with students in KS3 and KS4 (ages 11-16).
- Potential to work with KS5 students (ages 16-18).
- You will need to have a strong classroom presence and be confident to manage behaviour as and when necessary.
- Full time or part time flexible positions available.
- Perfect for a graduate looking to gain classroom experience and confidence before starting teacher training.
- Lessons will all be set and you will be expected to make sure the students stay on task.
- You will be managing behaviour in line with school policies.
- We are looking for adaptable people as you may be covering a range of subjects during the day.
Contract details for the Cover Supervisor position:
- Location - Basildon
- Position - Cover Supervisor / Unqualified Teacher
- Type of work - Flexible
- Start date - ASAP
- Contract type - Temporary
- Full time/part time - Full or part time, flexible
- Minimum rate of pay - £65 per day
Experience, Training and Qualifications required for the Cover Supervisor position:
- Previous experience working with children or young people is desirable but not essential
- Ideally hold a degree in a relevant subject area
- A passion for working with children and young people
- You will be pro active and adaptable, with lots of energy and enthusiasm
To be eligible for the Cover Supervisor position you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Prospero Group15 Worship Street, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Basildon (opens in new window)
- Laindon (opens in new window)
- Pitsea (opens in new window)
- Wickford (opens in new window)
- Stanford-le-Hope (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Adj, Audley Way, Ghyllgrove
- opp, Audley Way, Ghyllgrove
- o/s, Falkstead, Broadmayne
- Adj, Long Riding, Southernhay
- W-bound, Honeypot Lane, Whitmore Way
- Ghyllgrove Community Junior School
- The Kingswood Junior School
- Fairhouse Community Junior School
- De La Salle School and Language College
- The Pioneer School