Children's Residential Support Worker - Driver (00052_1601647583)
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
£10 - £11 per hour
Recruiter: Colmore Recruitment
Sector: EducationJump to application form
Colmore Recruitment are currently seeking Children's Residential Support Workers, temp to perm.
There are multiple and varying shifts available.
You must be a driver.
Our client offers a home to children and young people with a history of complex trauma, attachment disorders and social and emotional health difficulties.
With bespoke interventions that are tailored to the needs of each individual child, you - along with other staff members, will offer a therapeutic parenting approach to care for the children.
This practice uses knowledge around attachment and developmental trauma to help children and families with relationships - building and maintaining; and also development of innate abilities to reform and re-establish positive bonds with peers and adults, to build towards successful personal growth.
You will be supported by a trained and dedicated staff team whom are skilled and experienced with working towards this style of care.
Job Title: Residential Support Worker
Department: Young Persons Residential
Purpose of the Job
Specific Duties and Responsibilities - Provide care for young people through:
*To maintain a high quality of care and support which meets the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, cultural, and educational needs of children and young people within the care of the company, working alongside the Children's Homes Regulations and OFSTED.
*To provide a caring, supportive and nurturing environment in which children/young people can feel secure and free from harm.
*Establishing positive relationships with young people and always offering them unconditional and positive regard.
*Helping young people gain self-control by challenging unacceptable behaviour and rewarding acceptable, pro-social conduct.
*Ensuring that each young person's care plan is followed and amended as appropriate to reflect their changing needs.
*Attending to practical matters in relation to childcare (cooking, cleaning, etc).
*To work in partnership with young people, their families, local authorities and other relevant agencies.
*Motivate, supervise and develop young people.
*Promote sustainable independent living skills.
*Demonstrate respect for the rights and needs of service users.
*Attending young people's meetings and contributing to them.
*Driving company vehicles (current driving licence holders subject to procedures).
*Receiving training appropriate to role and maintaining an up to date training profile.
*Responsibility for the accurate maintenance of financial records appropriate to the duties of the post.
*Responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of self and colleagues in accordance with the requirements of the organisational Health and Safety Policies.
- A minimum of two years working with children and young people.
- Qualifications equivalent to NVQ level 3, BTEC National Certificate in a related subject.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as Children Act 1989, youth justice and Human Rights Act 2000.
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development, the impact of separation and loss, physical sexual and emotional abuse and of difficult behaviours which may arise from such abuse.
- Ability to work with and support staff working with young people who have been traumatised by abuse.
- Knowledge of child development factors of risk posed to children and young adults.
- Knowledge of Child Protection issues.
- Knowledge of the needs of young people from a wide variety of racial, ethnic, social, and cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge and experience of working with young people displaying challenging and inappropriate behaviour.
- Knowledge of learning disabilities.
If you are interested, please register your details to https://www.colmorerecruitment.com/registration/ where one of our consultants can reach out to you.
Alternatively, please directly contact / call the office on 0121 369 1029.
Apply for this position
Colmore Recruitment3 Brindley Place, Birmingham, Birmingham