Children's Mental Health Support Worker
£68 - 80 per day
Recruiter: Protocol Education
The COVID 19 Pandemic has seen an increase in the need of mental health support in schools across the country. We are recruiting now for mental health support workers .
This is a challenging but rewarding role. The students that you will work with will either have either ASD/Social, Emotional, Mental Health needs (SEMH) or being identified as having a statement of an educational need or an Educational, health and care plan (EHCP).
As part of your role you will support pupils aged 11-16 to
develop their self-esteem, achieve appropriate and challenging
personal targets and develop an enthusiasm for learning so that
they can make the most of opportunities presented to them. You will
inspire, motivate, challenge and support each pupil, no matter what
their individual needs may be. You will support pupils in lessons
to minimise behavioural disruptions and to provide the pastoral
support that is required to help pupils achieve.
The ideal candidate will be professional and passionate about SEND/SEMH and supporting children with additional needs and being fully able to adapt themselves to meet each individual needs, including excellent behaviour management.
Position: Social, Emotional & Mental Health Youth Worker
If you have what it takes, you can join an experienced, innovative team with incredible potential!
We are looking for a candidate who;
- Believes that every student, regardless of their background or need, can make outstanding progress
- Is rigorous, relentless, determined, creative, creative and inspirational in their style and presence as a leader
- Utilises a variety of teaching methods to present engaging, thoughtful lessons and CPD sessions
- Is caring and has the drive and passion to continue to develop strong relationships and the well being with staff, students, parents, governors, professionals and the local community
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and
training for this role.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education'. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.
Full assistance provided.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Protocol EducationFloor 7, 10 Bloomsbury Way, , London, London
Nearby train stations
Nearby bus stops
- E-Bound, Sunderland Interchange Stand R, Park Lane
- S-Bound, Sunderland Interchange Stand G, Park Lane
- E-Bound, Sunderland Interchange Stand Q, Park Lane
- S-Bound, Sunderland Interchange Stand F, Park Lane
- E-Bound, Sunderland Interchange Stand V, Park Lane
- St Anthony's Girls' Catholic Academy
- Thornhill Park School
- Argyle House School
- Thornhill School Business & Enterprise College
- Sunderland High School