Child Behaviour Support Worker
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
£80 - 90 per day
Recruiter: Vision for Education
Child Behaviour Support Worker
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Full Time, 08:30-16:30, Monday to Friday
Are you an ex-army worker or have a background working in security and/or the police and are seeking a role in education? Are you an experienced support worker seeking a role in education? Are you passionate about working with children and young people? Do you have experience supporting children and young people with SEMH issues and challenging behaviour? If you are answering 'yes' to any of the above mentioned questions, then we would love to hear from you!
Pay: £80-£90 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 months minimum experience working with Children with Mental Health issues from deprived backgrounds with challenging behaviour. This is a temporary long-term position (with a potential opportunity for permanent) meaning you will have the opportunity to work long-term placements at various special schools and ultimately gain more experience in the sector. This position is to start in January but could be flexible depending on your availability.
As a Child Behaviour Support Worker, you will be supporting and building relationships with the pupils at the school by providing emotional consistency to allow pupils to feel safe and supported in the school community. You will be required to support the pupils throughout their day at school which will include helping them during lesson time and assisting with behaviour management and promoting positive learning environment.
The responsibilities of a Child Behaviour Support Worker are to support the pupils in their daily routine at school which will include assisting them in lessons and taking them out in the community to explore the Yorkshire Dales and gain life experiences. You will also aim to encourage and enthuse the pupils to participate in all school activities to their best abilities and provide them with positive reinforcement to increase their confidence and help pupils to build a more constructive relationship with education.
The environment in which you will be working is in a Special School in Harrogate, North Yorkshire that caters for children between the ages of 9 to 16 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues and challenging behaviour.
The aim of the school is to ensure every pupil is ready for the next stage in their education and life as they move throughout the school. The school place a key focus on numeracy and literacy throughout the curriculum, whilst ensuring that all pupils access a broad and balanced curriculum that meets their needs and also reflects their aspirations and interests. This is done by activities being planned to be engaging for the children, creative and fun for them to take part in which encourages pupils to participate and get involved in school activities.
The school is committed to providing an environment in which all pupils can feel safe, happy, accepted and integrated, so that they are able to develop to their full potential. This means various facilities and provisions have been added to the school like creative/sensory rooms and sunken trampolines in order to make it accessible for each child and they can make the most out of their learning.
To be considered for the Child Behaviour Support Worker position, you will:
- Be available Monday to Friday 08:30 – 16.30.
- Be willing to attend a one-day positive behaviour management course.
- Be physically fit and energetic.
- Be passionate about changing the lives of young people with SEMH needs and challenging behaviour.
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What we offer
As a valued employee, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training and safeguarding training.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an experienced or aspiring Behaviour Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Vision for EducationSt Paul's Place, Norfolk Street, Sheffield , South Yorkshire
Nearby train stations
- Harrogate (opens in new window)
- Hornbeam Park (opens in new window)
- Starbeck (opens in new window)
- Pannal (opens in new window)
- Knaresborough (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- NE-bound, Royal Hall, Montpellier Road
- SE-bound, Royal Hall, Parliament Street
- 32013420, Cheltenham Cres, Cheltenham Crescent
- E-bound, Cheltenham Crescent, Cheltenham Crescent
- N-bound, White Hart, Cold Bath Road
- Western Primary School
- Harrogate Ladies' College
- Harrogate, St Peter's Church of England Primary School
- Harrogate, Grove Road Community Primary School
- Harrogate, Coppice Valley Community Primary School