Child Behaviour Support Worker
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
£65 - £70 per day
Recruiter: Vision for Education
Child Behaviour Support Worker
£65 - £70 per day
Full-time, 8.30 am - 3.30 pm - Monday to Friday
Are you a current or aspiring Child Behaviour Support Worker who wants to make a difference to the lives of young people in the Bradford area? If so, this could be the ideal role for you. The school is dedicated to the education of children and young people between the ages of 9-16 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues, focusing on an individualised learning for all students.
The salary for this Child Behaviour Support Worker role is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 months' experience working with Children or Adults with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues in a similar setting or care environment. This is a full-time role and currently we are not accepting part time applications for this position.
As a Child Behaviour Support Worker, you will be providing 1:1 support to pupils to enhance their learning and support with their daily routine.
You will work alongside Teachers to assist with delivering lessons and supporting the children to learn through play to help them expand their independence and resourcefulness.
The aim of your role is to support the development of pupils' spoken language as well as reading and writing.
As a Child Behaviour Support Worker you will be supporting the pupils to take part in many opportunities such as going out into the community and surrounding areas. This school uses it's country surroundings to help engage the pupils and build practical skills they will need in adult life.
The school is in Harrogate and caters for pupils between 9-16 with complex special educational needs such as learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities, also including complex needs relating to language and communication and Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues. The school also has facilities in order to provide a holistic approach to meeting pupils' needs to ensure the pupils' individual needs are met.
To be considered for the Child Behaviour Support Worker position, you will:
- Be available Monday to Friday 8.30 am - 3.30 pm
- Be willing to attend a two day positive behaviour management course.
- Be physically fit and energetic.
- Be resilient. This role is very rewarding but does not come without its challenges.
- Be passionate about changing the lives of young people with Learning Disabilities and Autism.
- Be able to demonstrate empathy and patience.
- Have, or be willing to obtain a DBS on the update service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching assistant and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What we offer
As a valued employee, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training and safeguarding training.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an experienced or aspiring Child Behaviour Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you. Apply today via this website,
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Vision for EducationSt Paul's Place, Norfolk Street, Sheffield , South Yorkshire
Nearby train stations
- Harrogate (opens in new window)
- Hornbeam Park (opens in new window)
- Starbeck (opens in new window)
- Pannal (opens in new window)
- Knaresborough (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- NE-bound, Royal Hall, Montpellier Road
- SE-bound, Royal Hall, Parliament Street
- 32013420, Cheltenham Cres, Cheltenham Crescent
- E-bound, Cheltenham Crescent, Cheltenham Crescent
- N-bound, White Hart, Cold Bath Road
- Western Primary School
- Harrogate Ladies' College
- Harrogate, St Peter's Church of England Primary School
- Harrogate, Grove Road Community Primary School
- Harrogate, Coppice Valley Community Primary School