Behaviour Teaching Assistants - Chichester
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
Location: Chichester, West Sussex
£8 - £9 per hour
Recruiter: Prospero Group
Sector: EducationJump to application form
Behaviour Teaching Assistant - Chichester
We are recruiting Behaviour Teaching Assistants for a PRU School based on the outskirts of Chichester, West Sussex. The suitable candidate will need to be confident and resilient and will be working with students that have SEMH & Behavioural Needs.
The school have an Ofsted rating of Good with a faculty that are welcoming and supportive. They have a strong team of committed staff and a comprehensive professional development programme. If you are up for a challenge and really want to help make a positive difference to the lives of pupils with special educational needs then this school could be the place for you.
Contract details for Teaching Assistant:
* Location - Chichester, West Sussex
* Position - Behaviour Teaching Assistant
* Type of work - Behaviour Teaching Assistant
* Contract or position start date - 2nd September 2021
* Duration / Likely duration - Temp - Perm
* Contract or position end date - Temp - Perm
* Contract type - Temp - perm
* Full time/Part time - Full time
* Minimum rate of pay - £10.19 per hour
* Hours - 8.30 am - 3.30 pm (32.5 hours per week)
Experience, training and qualification:
* Calming mannerisms in challenging situations.
* Strong behaviour management skills while creating a fun learning environment.
* Driven to motivate the pupil and increase his participation.
* The ability to grow individual personal development.
* Be caring, patient and have good communication skills.
* Be self-reflective, have a willingness to learn and demonstrate initiative.
* Experience supporting an individual with Autism.
* Willing to complete Safeguarding online training.
To be eligible for this role, you must:
* Hold right to work in the UK
* Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
* Provide two professional child related references
We are able to offer the successful candidate:
* Free, accredited continued professional development courses
including safeguarding and behaviour management
* In-house Training and Development Team
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with us in order to fill this vacancy.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Prospero Group15 Worship Street, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Chichester (opens in new window)
- Fishbourne (Sussex) (opens in new window)
- Bosham (opens in new window)
- Nutbourne (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- stop P, Cathedral, West Street
- stop C3, Cathedral, West Street
- stop C2, Cathedral, West Street
- taxi rank, Cathedral, West Street
- stop C1, Cathedral, West Street
- Central CofE Junior School
- St Richard's Catholic Primary School
- Chichester College
- Chichester High School for Boys
- Parklands Community Primary School