Behaviour Teaching Assistant - Secondary School (LB-CFPL2_1599118565)
Location: Islington, London
£10 - £11 per hour
Recruiter: Veritas Education - London
Sector: EducationJump to application form
*** Behavioural Teaching Assistant ***
*** Secondary School ***
*** Islington, North London ***
*** September 2020 ***
*** 08:00 - 17:00 , Mon-Fri ***
We are working with a Secondary School in Islington, North London, that are currently looking to recruit a Behavioural Teaching Assistant with a strong background implementing behaviour management techniques in a school setting, and supporting challenging behaviours, to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will be working within the schools internal exclusion unit, under the instructions of the safeguarding leader, inclusion manager and Special Educational Needs Coordinator, supervising pupils who have been excluded from lessons temporarily due to poor behaviour or focus, of all ages and abilities from Key Stage 3 to 4.
You will be expected to work in the exclusion unit and protected learning room providing support to the teacher and students across the curriculum and also monitoring and managing poor behaviour to maintain class control and pupil focus. Some students may have a Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC Plan or EHCP) so a caring and calming approach will be beneficial. The role also has administrative responsibilities including logging students attendance in the exclusion unit and their performance whilst they are in there.
The school is near a tube station, 3 overground stations and is also accessible by a number of bus routes.
Essential key skills and experience needed:
- Previous support work within a school or other transferable child-related experience
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Proficient adminisration skills
- Previous one to one, small group work and/or whole class support
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
- Experience or knowledge within special educational needs
- Professional manner
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Laura Barwick at Veritas Education, or email email@example.com.
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give us a call so we can discuss other opportunities.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Apply for this position
Veritas Education - LondonVeritas Education, St Clements House, 27 Clements Lane, London, London