Behaviour Support Worker Leeds
£65 - 75 per day
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
We are seeking a Behaviour Support Worker for a full-time role in a Leeds Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)
This is a fixed term post, commencing in September 2021.
Our client provides educational provision to a small cluster of pupils aged 11-16, who are educated outside of mainstream schools for a variety of reasons including exclusions, Social Emotional and Mental Health needs, medical reasons, pregnancy, and young mothers.
90% of pupils also have an Education, Health and Childcare Plan. Others have difficulties which require assessment referrals and input from Educational Psychologists, Social Workers, Speech Language Therapists and Counsellors.
As a Behaviour Support Worker, your role will include working closely with colleagues to create a supportive and nurturing environment, creating an individualised curriculum for pupils designed to reduce barriers to learning and maximise potential. You will be confident in managing pupil behaviour effectively and passionate about offering pastoral support and delivering interventions that encourage engagement with education.
- To implement behaviour modification interventions specific to issues raised by pastoral staff and/or subject teachers with particular focus on students with emotional or mental health needs.
- To support the holistic progress of individuals and small groups by facilitating emotional and behavioural support using a variety of intervention strategies.
- To deliver programmes of specific intervention e.g., mental and emotional health, self-esteem, anger-management, self-awareness etc. to groups and individuals.
- To work with students to improve punctuality, levels of attendance and/or to ease a return to school following prolonged absence.
- To work under the guidance of the SENCO, teaching and senior staff to implement agreed interventions and programmes of work.
- To work with individuals and groups of students having received prior information e.g., current behavioural issues, academic levels, and reason for referral, from the appropriate Head of Year.
- To create a calm, working atmosphere with the minimum of disturbance and confrontation whilst applying the whole school expectations assertively and fairly.
We are seeking individuals with experience supporting young people within an education or community setting. You must be resilient and passionate about working with young people with very complex needs. You may also have experience in Youth Work or Social Care. Training in Team Teach is essential to the role.
If interested in this position, please apply now with an up-to-date CV.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and
training for this role.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Leeds (opens in new window)
- Burley Park (opens in new window)
- Cottingley (opens in new window)
- Headingley (opens in new window)
- Morley (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stand A, Rail Replacement, New Station Street
- Main Entrance, Leeds Rail Station, New Station Street
- stop Z3, Neville Street, Neville Street
- stop S10, Station Interchange, New Station Street
- stop S8, Station Interchange, New Station Street
- Leeds City College
- Leeds College of Building
- Mount St Mary's Catholic High School
- St Peter's Church of England Primary School, Leeds
- Blenheim Primary School