£10.77 - 12.70 per hour
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
Teaching Assistant required – Blackburn Primary School
- A specialism and experience in working alongside children with challenging behaviour on a 1:1 basis is crucial and a necessity for this role.
- Solid experience working in a school setting is required and preferably working on a 1:1 basis.
- A Level 2 or above qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools is a must and preferably you will have a good level of English and Maths.
A school in Blackburn have approached us in order to source and appoint a Teaching Assistant (L2, L3 or Degree trained) to work closely alongside a child with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The child is due to start at the school in September after relocating to the area. The child has recently been attending a Pupil Referral Unit, but it has been decided he is ready to start at a mainstream school. He is currently working below ‘Age Related Expectations'. He also struggles to communicate and socialise with other children and will need different strategies implemented in order to build self-confidence and improve behaviour.
The Head Teacher has stated that the general behaviour of the school is ‘Very good'. Due to this she has said she would like to employ a practitioner with fantastic behaviour management. She also said the School are ‘fully prepared for the pupil joining the school and want a 1:1 Teaching Assistant to build a solid relationship with him and encourage a positive learning attitude'. The school is a ‘Good' School as rated by Ofsted.
The salary is based on a 6.5 hour day position held Monday to Friday and, depending on experience, this could vary between £10.77 - £12.77 per hour.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education'. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
- Blackburn (opens in new window)
- Mill Hill (Lancashire) (opens in new window)
- Cherry Tree (opens in new window)
- Ramsgreave & Wilpshire (opens in new window)
- Rishton (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stand Outbound, Bus Station Out, Boulevard
- by, Railway Road, Railway Road
- Stand A, Bus Station A, Railway Road
- Stand B, Bus Station B, Railway Road
- Stand C, Bus Station C, Railway Road
- St Michael with St John CofE Controlled Primary School
- St Anne's Roman Catholic Primary School Blackburn
- St Matthew's Church of England Primary School
- Blackburn College
- St Alban's Roman Catholic Primary School Blackburn