Behaviour Mentor Required - Salford
Location: Swinton, Greater Manchester
£9 - £11 per hour
Recruiter: Prospero Group
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
Are you a teaching assistant with experience working as a behaviour mentor? Are you a naturally confident, friendly lively individual who has great time management skills who believes they can improve the outcomes of young people?
We would love to hear from you - times are different and challenging at the moment, but your support will be invaluable to young people who are currently not in the main classrooms of school. The children are a chatty bunch & will require you to be fair but firm in a friendly way.
We are specifically working with a school Salford and they require 2 behaviour mentors, to encourage children to return to the classroom. If you have patience, a great sense of humour, and are dedicated on improving the lives of young people, this opportunity is for you. This work is challenging, different, yet extremely rewarding. You will be working closely with students who may have difficulties focusing and engaging with 'normal' classroom work - so patience is key, along with a calm, pleasant smile and a relaxing attitude to work. No two days will ever be the same - not for you, or the children you work with.
This particular role is to provide informal and formal mentoring, a calming influence on their mentality, and educational support where needed. You don't need to be an expert in every school subject - just be a patient person who always has a big smile. Your first few weeks will be difficult - but once you and your students are settled and relaxed with each other, you will find the rewards are fantastic.
Our school always has a demand for high-calibre teaching assistants too - so if you are a Level 3 TA and want to work in a rewarding, refreshing school - and be a part of a close-knit team which OfSTED has recognised as 'outstanding', then this could be a great opportunity for you to secure work in a new school.
You will also develop communication skills - both with young people, and also with the teaching staff. Again, this stands you in great stead when you come to apply for further qualifications.
- Location - Swinton, Salford
- Position - Behavioural Teaching Assistant
- Type of work - Teaching Support
- Start date - February 2022
- Duration - Could become permanent, subject to review
- End date - July 2022 in the first instance
- Contract type - Temporary to Permanent
- Full time - Full time
- Minimum rate of pay - £70 per day
- Hours - 8:30 am - 3:30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Level 3 TA / Degree educated with a good classification
- Previous experience working of working with young people (which we can reference)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with us in order to fill this vacancy.
We are able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Prospero Group15 Worship Street, London, London
Nearby train stations
- Moorside (opens in new window)
- Swinton (Gr Manchester) (opens in new window)
- Clifton (opens in new window)
- Eccles (opens in new window)
- Patricroft (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop F, Partington Lane/Swinton Church, PARTINGTON LANE
- Stop H, Partington Lane/Swinton Church, PARTINGTON LANE
- Stop B, Chorley Road/Swinton Church, CHORLEY ROAD
- Stop G, Partington Lane/Swinton Church, PARTINGTON LANE
- Stop C, Chorley Road/Swinton Church, CHORLEY ROAD
- St Peter's CofE Primary School
- The Deans Primary School
- St Charles' RC Primary School
- Moorside Primary School
- St Ambrose Barlow RC High School