Autism Teaching Assistant
£70 - 85 per day
Recruiter: Smart Teachers
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
Autism Teaching Assistant
Pay £70 - £85 per day via PAYE
Contract dates: ASAP start date
We are working with a large secondary autism school in Southeast London. The pupil has an EHCP and requires support throughout all aspects of the school day from learning, behaviour, playtime. The pupil is in year 8 and is in a class with 7 other students. There is the opportunity for pupils to work towards the national curriculum however the school has the flexibility to create and adapt the work to meet the needs of the pupils. The main area the student will require support in is to help develop their speech and language.
- Have previous experience of working with SEN students.
- Able to travel in Croydon and Southeast London.
- Have a DBS registered to the update service or be willing to complete one?
- Have right to work in the UK.
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What we offer
As a valued employee, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEND Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you. Apply today via this website with a copy of your CV.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Smart TeachersSalisbury House, 29 Finsbury Circus, London, Greater London
Nearby train stations
- East Croydon (opens in new window)
- West Croydon (opens in new window)
- South Croydon (opens in new window)
- Waddon (opens in new window)
- Selhurst (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop KL, Croydon Library, KATHARINE STREET
- Stop KK, Croydon Library, KATHARINE STREET
- Stop KM, Croydon Library, KATHARINE STREET
- KB, Taberner House, KATHARINE STREET
- Stop KJ, Park Street (CR0), PARK STREET
- Croydon College
- Harris Federation Post 16
- Old Palace of John Whitgift School
- Croydon Metropolitan College
- St Andrew's CofE Voluntary Aided High School