Autism Teacher (ASC TUT SUTT)
Location: Sutton in Ashfield
£15 - 25 per hour
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Sector: EducationJump to application form
SEN Teacher – ASC | Sutton in Ashfield
Pay Rate £15 - £20 per hour
Are you an experienced SEND Teaching Assistant who specialises in Autistic Spectrum Condition?
Can you use your knowledge and passion to help children with Autism to achieve success?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for a positive SEND Teaching Assistant to support an Autistic child who is in Year 6 and does not currently have a school place.
This role will involve supporting an Autistic male Year 6 pupil on a one-to-one basis, both academically and socially.
Experience and understanding of a range of SEND is necessary and knowledge of alternative communication techniques such as PECs and Makaton would be beneficial. This role will suit a creative TA who is resilient and flexible, with excellent behaviour management.
To be considered for this SEND TA role you will need: •
- Experience supporting young people with SEND, specifically ASC – either in school settings or support worker environments
- Good literacy and numeracy skills with knowledge across the curriculum
- Excellent behaviour management with de-escalation / positive handling training such as Team Teach, MAPA or PROACT-SCIP
- Knowledge of alternative communication methods such as Makaton or PECs
- The ability to plan and deliver lessons, and activities to enhance the learning experience
- A positive attitude and flexible approach
- References confirming suitability for role
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service (Child Workforce only)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions •
- Refer a friend £50 bonus
About Teaching Personnel
At Teaching Personnel, we are the market leading education agency and we strive to create long term partnerships with schools Local Authority clients, teachers and support staff. We are a team of experienced education recruiters who believe that providing a high quality and bespoke service is key. We recruit Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) staff for alternative provisions, Local Authorities and SEN schools on a national basis.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Emma Frost on 0115 6700105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and
training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply for this position
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts