Autism Support Worker
£70 - 80 per day
Recruiter: Vision for Education
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
Autism Support Worker
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are Level 2 qualification in Childcare or Social care.
We are seeking to appoint an Autism Support Worker to work in a local school in Calderdale. This will be a 1:1 role working with a specific young learner who will need support and encouragement fulfilling their daily routine in school. Autism Support Workers play an important role in helping to create structure and a positive experience in the students' academic learning therefore we are looking for a committed, hardworking individual to join the team. This is a full-time role and will require assistance with personal care needs.
A mainstream school that works hard to support children with additional needs, this school benefits from a supportive and friendly staff team. The school are proud to offer lots of opportunities for professional development and progression.
To be considered for the Autism Support Worker role you must:
- Have some knowledge of Autism
- Be adaptable and proactive, able to deal with challenging behaviour effectively
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff
- Have Team Teach training or be willing to attend the FREE course held by us
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What we offer
As a valued employee, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Autism Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Vision for EducationSt Paul's Place, Norfolk Street, Sheffield , South Yorkshire
Nearby train stations
- Halifax (opens in new window)
- Sowerby Bridge (opens in new window)
- Brighouse (opens in new window)
- Mytholmroyd (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- stop 21, Commercial Street, Commercial Street
- stop 20, Commercial Street, Commercial Street
- stop 19, Commercial Street, Commercial Street
- stop 25, George Street, George Street
- stop 24, George Street, George Street
- St Mary's Catholic Primary School
- Holy Trinity Primary School, A Church of England Academy
- Beech Hill Junior and Infant School
- St Joseph's Catholic Primary School
- Calderdale College