Autism Support Worker
Job type: Temp to Perm, Full time
£65 - 80 per day
Recruiter: Vision for Education
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
Autism Support Worker
£65 to £80 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 2 months similar experience.
We are seeking to appoint an Autism Support Worker to work in a local specialist setting in Scunthorpe. This will be a 1:1 role working with a specific adult leaner who will need support and encouragement fulfilling their daily routine in school. Autism Support Workers play an important role in helping to create structure and a positive experience in the students' academic learning therefore we are looking for a committed, hardworking individual to join the team. This is a full-time role and will require assistance with personal care needs.
A large specialist setting that work hard to support children with additional needs, this school benefits from a supportive and friendly staff team. They are proud to offer lots of opportunities for professional development and progression.
To be considered for the Autism Support Worker role you must:
- Have some knowledge of Autism
- Be adaptable and proactive, able to deal with challenging behaviour effectively
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff
- Have Team Teach training or be willing to attend the FREE course held by Vision for Education
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
We are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
What we offer
As a valued employee, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Autism Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Vision for EducationSt Paul's Place, Norfolk Street, Sheffield , South Yorkshire
Nearby train stations
Nearby bus stops
- Adj, Trinity Arts Centre, Trinity Street
- Adj, Tesco, Trinity Street
- o/s, Tesco, Car Park
- Adj, Portland Terrace, Trinity Street
- opp, Marshall's Yard, Beaumont Street
- Gainsborough Benjamin Adlard Community School
- Warren Wood Community School
- The Gainsborough Parish Church Primary School
- The White's Wood Lane Community Junior School, Gainsborough
- The Gainsborough Charles Baines Community Primary School