Autism Support Assistant/ SEN School/September 2021
Location: Hounslow, London
£9 - £12 per hour
Recruiter: LTF Recruitment
Sector: EducationAPPLY NOW
Are you passionate about working with young people with Special Educational Needs and experienced supporting children with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome?
As an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant do you want to use your understanding and compassion to support students with ASD in a special school?
We are recruiting for this rewarding ASD Teaching Assistant position in Hounslow - a 10 minute walk from the station starting ASAP.
This ASD Teaching Assistant role is ideal for an experienced TA as an Autism specialist to work with young people across the Autistic Spectrum in the classroom. You will be working alongside a vibrant staff team supporting small groups of children across a range of lessons and activities. Excellent classroom management skills and high expectations of all pupils are essential as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum and new assessment framework.
As a specialist ASD provision they are looking for teaching assistants who have a real passion for, and understanding of, meeting the complex and holistic needs of young people with ASD. This rewarding Special School caters for children aged 5-11 with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Providing a bespoke education service to students in an inclusive way, they focus on encouraging independence and developing social skills.
The school has a creative culture where staff work collaboratively as part of a wider team sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to each other.
To be considered for this ASD TA role you will need:
* Experience supporting young people with SEND, specifically ASD
* Strong behaviour management with de-escalation training
* Excellent communication skills
* The ability to build and develop positive relationships with students and staff
* A flexible and patient approach when working with children Additional requirements:
* References confirming suitability for role
* Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
* Eligibility to work in the UK
If you do not meet the following criteria, your applicaton will not be considered.
Please apply now!
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education – apply now!
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
LTF RecruitmentBramley House, Wilsthorpe Road, Long Eaton, Derbyshire
Nearby train stations
- Hounslow (opens in new window)
- Isleworth (opens in new window)
- Whitton (opens in new window)
- Twickenham (opens in new window)
- Syon Lane (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- Stop O, Treaty Centre, ---
- Stop N, Grove Road (TW3), ---
- Stop J, Grove Road (TW3), HANWORTH ROAD
- Stop P, Treaty Centre, GROVE ROAD
- Stop M, Douglas Road (TW3), HANWORTH ROAD
- Oak Heights Independent School
- Kingsley Academy
- Hounslow Manor School
- Lady Nafisa Independent Secondary School for Girls
- Hounslow Town Primary School