ALN Teaching Assistant - Caerphilly (BDSEN5)
Location: Caerphilly, Caerphilly
Recruiter: Hoop Education
Hoop Education are currently working in partnership with a small SEN school in Caerphilly and wish to recruit Teaching Assistants who MUST have previous experience working with pupils with Additional Learning Needs(ALN).
Many of the young people who attend the school have been diagnosed with a variety of conditions including attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), oppositional defiant disorder (ODD), dyslexia or dyspraxia. Because of such conditions, and other social, emotional and mental health difficulties, they may have experienced significant challenges in mainstream schools. Many therefore associate school with feelings of fear, frustration and failure. Some have already given up learning. The schools first and primary approach to young people with behavioural and emotional difficulties is to address their feelings about themselves. The raising of self esteem is a pre-requisite to any changes in behaviour and only then will any progress in learning be possible.
Our ideal candidates would possess some of the qualifications and skills below or proven ability within this environment:• Level 3 qualification specific to supporting children and young people.
• Be able to help monitor the pupils progress in daily tasks.
• Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities.
• Manual Handling.
• Team Teach
• First Aid
To work in an Additional Learning Needs (ALN) role you will need:
• Ideally experience working in an ALN environment
• Recent experience in a classroom environment
• Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
• Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI)
• Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
•Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
• Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD)
• Severe Learning Difficulties.
• Physical Disabilities (PD).
Hoop Education are one of the preferred suppliers to all 22 local authorities in Wales under the All Wales Framework Agreement.
Apply for this position
This vacancy has been successfully completed. Please SEARCH for similar roles
Hoop EducationHoop Recruitment Ltd, 14-18 City Road, Cardiff, Cardiff
Nearby train stations
- Caerphilly (opens in new window)
- Aber (opens in new window)
- Llanbradach (opens in new window)
- Lisvane & Thornhill (opens in new window)
- Taffs Well (opens in new window)
Nearby bus stops
- o/s, NatWest Bank, Cardiff Road
- Southgate Square, Cardiff Road
- Pendragon House, Crescent Road
- Wheatsheaf, Market Street
- Castle Entrance, Castle Street