ADHD Support Mentor (ES230221)
Location: Cadbury Heath
£60 - 65 per day
Recruiter: Teaching Personnel
Sector: EducationJump to application form
ADHD Support Mentor
Do you have experience working with ADHD?
Are you looking for a new challenge when secondary schools reopen?
Role: ADHD Specialist Support, KS3-4
Salary: GBP60-65 per day
We are currently working in partnership with an academy near Kingswood in Bristol. The school are looking to recruit an ADHD specialist mentor, to start after the national lockdown. This role is full-time and provides the opportunity to gain experience and training, the position may be reviewed and extended in July for the next academic year if funding is received. The role will be supporting a child with additional needs 1:1 and within small groups at a mainstream KS3-4 classroom.
- Friendly environment with helpful staff and engaged students
- Ofsted ‘Good' secondary school
- Accessible transport links near A4174, A420, A4 M4, M32 and public transport from Bristol and Bath city centres.
The ideal candidate:
- Offer practical and emotional support to students
- Work with a classroom teacher and communicate progress with parents and SENCO
- Have a sensitive approach whilst working with students 1:1 and in small groups
- Support social activities and communication
- Have experience of working within a similar environment or supporting individuals with similar needs and be confident working with children with a range of Special Needs
- The right to work within the UK
- The ability to provide two references from your most recent employers
- All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid child workforce Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
What Teaching Personnel can offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Specialist trained consultants – supporting you in finding your ideal role
- Full access to high-quality Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training
- Supporting your COVID-secure safe return to work
- A straightforward Online Portal to log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
- A generous referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a reward!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date. Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Apply for this position
Only apply if you match the criteria outlined in the advert
Teaching Personnel99 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Nearby train stations
Nearby bus stops
- opp, Post Office, Main Road
- Adj, Mill Lane, A6175
- Opp, Mill Lane, A6175
- Adj, Post Office, Main Road
- Adj, The Turn, Main Road
- Heath Primary School
- Bramley Vale Primary School
- Temple Normanton Primary School
- Palterton Primary School
- New Bolsover Primary and Nursery School